Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ok..so

For Lab B we had the task of teaching a section of ultimate frisbee. I chose to teach the students how to execute a long pass againest a defender. This lab we had a microphone hooked up to us so we could record what we were saying. After listening to my dialogue and recording it I was shooked at how many times I used fillers. I must have used the words "Ok" and "so" more than twenty times in a five minute period. After listening to it a couple of times I got annoyed at how many times I said them so I can't even imagine what the students were thinking about me repeating myself. Saying "ok" over and over again makes you sound like you don't know what is going on or that you're not confident in what you're doing and that is the last thing you want to demonstrate to your students. Doing exercises and more practice will help to eliminate how many times I use filler words like "ok" and "so".

No comments: